Instructions:

1. Read Vignettes and Think.
2. Appropriate, expand, contract, manipulate, edit, re-write or make them into art.
3. Send the results via e-mail to ericaleller@gmail.com.
4. Your collaboration will get posted on the blog and you will be notified via e-mail.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Vignette 9

I walked to the top of the stairs and stopped in front of the locked door. I knocked and listened for your footsteps. You knocked back from the other side of the door. The building had no windows and the roof was lined with barbed wire. I could barely hear your voice, but I think you said, "help". I realized that you were locked in and similarly, I was locked out. I ran down the stairs to find a hammer to break the door down. When I came back, the stairs were demolished. The door was thirty feet up from the ground. You kept knocking. Whoever locked you in must have wanted to keep you inside of that fortress. I started to believe that whoever locked you in must be more powerful than me. I guess I abandoned you that day. I was afraid of what might happen to me if I kept trying to set you free.

No comments:

Post a Comment