Instructions:

1. Read Vignettes and Think.
2. Appropriate, expand, contract, manipulate, edit, re-write or make them into art.
3. Send the results via e-mail to ericaleller@gmail.com.
4. Your collaboration will get posted on the blog and you will be notified via e-mail.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Vignette 23

I'm not afraid of death because death is an opportunity to experience something new. Even though it can happen only once, I don't think that's a reason to be afraid of it. I choose not to experience death because I like to keep more opportunities open than death would allow for. I know that plenty of new experiences arise when I try to come as close as I can to death without dying. I'm like mathematicians who want to divide by zero. I want to trace the patterns of experience as I get closer and closer to death. My family members think I'm suicidal, but they have it all wrong. My motivation is the opposite of what it appears to be, its life affirming.

No comments:

Post a Comment