Instructions:

1. Read Vignettes and Think.
2. Appropriate, expand, contract, manipulate, edit, re-write or make them into art.
3. Send the results via e-mail to ericaleller@gmail.com.
4. Your collaboration will get posted on the blog and you will be notified via e-mail.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Vignette 18

When I told my landlord that I thought I could hear dolphin sounds coming up from the drain in my shower, she didn't believe me. She thought I was making a joke. Perhaps they're not dolphin sounds. Perhaps there is a reasonable explanation, but I prefer to believe that miniature dolphins reside in our plumbing system. When I feed them, they make a warm tickling gurgle. When I send soap down, they make a high pitched squeal. Surely its impossible that dolphins could be the source of those noises, but when I let my landlord hear them, she didn't know where the sounds came from, either. She told me, "As long as there aren't any clogs, its not my problem." But its hardly a problem, for me. Since we can't have pets in our building, the dolphins are a welcome addition to my rental agreement.

No comments:

Post a Comment