Instructions:

1. Read Vignettes and Think.
2. Appropriate, expand, contract, manipulate, edit, re-write or make them into art.
3. Send the results via e-mail to ericaleller@gmail.com.
4. Your collaboration will get posted on the blog and you will be notified via e-mail.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Vignette 19

My grandmother told me that insanity is a good way to get out of a bind. She told me, "Whenever you're in trouble and you can't think of a way out, plead insanity." I've never had to use her advice, but I haven't done anything as controversial as her, either. She pled insanity to evade murder charges. She told me, "If you get into trouble, put your hands over your head, make awful sounds, and use your imagination." It got me thinking that insanity and the imagination are somehow linked, like close cousins. I wonder why the imagination is held in such high regard by teachers and adults while insanity is considered dangerous. Imagination is equally mysterious. Perhaps the imagination is merely a form of insanity with less consequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment