Instructions:

1. Read Vignettes and Think.
2. Appropriate, expand, contract, manipulate, edit, re-write or make them into art.
3. Send the results via e-mail to ericaleller@gmail.com.
4. Your collaboration will get posted on the blog and you will be notified via e-mail.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Vignette 12

When I started to remember all of the things that made him who he was and for that matter, who he wasn't, they turned into a listed wash of words. Having only mere words to sum up the feelings that remained, I knew I had to see him again. I contacted him immediately and the sound of his voice over his answering machine resounded again, with all of its subtleties. I listened closely to the mahogany lull present in his voice. It depicted someone who with a world of possibilities would mildly sift through each engagement with radiant nonchalance. The more his appeal grew, the more his discard pile must have accumulated name upon name. I had tried to contact him over a year earlier. I had thought of him, obsessed over him, and called. At that time, I had left a message, and never heard back. This time, I hung up before hearing the beep.

1 comment:

  1. I was hoping that with the invention of the internet this would be easier to say but, well, everything is just a matter of perspective. Hold on I feel something. Let me adjust...there that's better. What was I saying?

    ReplyDelete