Instructions:

1. Read Vignettes and Think.
2. Appropriate, expand, contract, manipulate, edit, re-write or make them into art.
3. Send the results via e-mail to ericaleller@gmail.com.
4. Your collaboration will get posted on the blog and you will be notified via e-mail.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Vignette 17

I tripped and fell as I ran. I landed on my side and I wasn't able to reach my hands forward in time to prevent from twisting my ankle. I don't know what my foot caught on. Its quite possible I tripped over my own foot. Fatigue may have simply prevented me from lifting it properly. It happened towards the end of my usual Sunday run through the neighborhood. Two men who were walking by saw me when it happened and it made them laugh. I had never seen those men before. When I made eye contact with one of them, I couldn't even bring myself to smile. They made unsuccessful attempts to conceal the little bursts of laughter that escaped out of their mouths. I must have looked absurd.

No comments:

Post a Comment